Review: There are so many variations of the ways you could make this meal. It was amazing. I made the ground beef with everything listed below, plus Worcestershire sauce and a splash of Dale's Steak Seasoning. Next time I'm going to try and add diced jalapenos.
1lb - ground meat (beef, pork, veal, turkey, combination?)
1 - egg
1/2c - bread crumbs
1/2c - shredded parmesean cheese
3 - yellow onions (medium to large)
salt, pepper, season to taste
1 package - bacon
1/2c BBQ sauce
1. Mix meat, egg, crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
2. Cut top and bottom off onion, cut in half, peel of skin, then separate onion into layers (I diced the small layers to not waste any onion!)
3. Take a handful of meat mix and put inside an onion layer.
OPT - press more meat mix onto the exterior of the onion, you can stack as large as you would like
4. Wrap each ball with 3-4 slices of bacon
5. Bake in a baking dish at 425F for approximately 40 minutes. or until cooked at 165
6. Add BBQ sauce all over, then bake an additional 5 minutes.