Review: OH MY GOODNESS. Mind you, I didn't dry my crust enough, so it was a little crumbly, but the flavor in this crust was amazing.
1 - Small to Medium Head Cauliflower
1/4tsp - Kosher Salt
1/2tsp - Dried Basil
1/2tsp - Dried Oregano
1/2tsp - Garlic Powder
OPT - Few Shakes Crushed Red Pepper
1/4c - Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4c - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 - Egg
OPT - 1T - Almond Meal
(These are just ingredients for the crust, don't forget to get your desired toppings!)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Wash, dry and trim florets. I cut off all of the stem.
3. Put florets into food processor and pulse until powdery. If you don't have a food processor you can use a cheese grater to grate the cauli.
4. Put cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave for 4 minutes. Dump cauliflower onto a towel and let cool to handle. Wrap dishtowel and wring until dry. Then wring some more. And get a new towel and wring again! I thought that mine was dry enough, but it ended up crumbly, so even when you think it's dry, wring it 5 more times!
5. Put the SUPER DRY cauliflower into a bowl and mix with cheeses, seasonings and almond meal (if desired). I didn't measure out the seasonings, I just threw a bunch in the bowl until I liked how it looked. Add egg, and mix with hands.
6. Tightly form together on parchment paper, don't make it too thick or too thin.
7. Cook for 7 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, add toppings then cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes. In the picture above, I did pesto and tomatoes with mozzarella cheese.
I recommend checking Michelle's blog listed below. She has additional tips and tricks to follow!
The BEST Cauliflower Crust Pizza