Monday, January 18, 2016

Onion Crusted Tilapia

Review: Alright, my original plan was to have grouper, but apparently it's not in season, soooo I ended up with tilapia. I thought about switching recipes, but I was really looking forward to the onion crusted, so I did the same recipe. It's really interchangeable with which fish you want to use, but the onion mixture was killller. So I will definitely be eating this again!



Ingredients:
3-4 Fillets of Fish
2/3c - French's Fried Onions
1 - Lemon, 2tsp - Zest
1/2tsp - Garlic Salt
1/2tsp - Garlic Powder
1/2c - Mayonnaise

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put the fried onions, lemon zest, garlic salt and garlic powder in a ziploc bag. Pound until the fried onions are crumbs. (I poured the crumbs onto a plate, but you can keep it in the bag if preferred)
3. Slice up the lemon and lay it in the bottom of a pan.
4. Rinse the fish, pat dry, and cover in mayonnaise, dip in crumb mixture (top and bottom), place in pan over lemon slices.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes until flaky.

Credits:
NormalCooking.com
Crispy Lemon Tilapia

I used Normal Cooking as a guideline for this recipe, but I twisted it in a way that works for me. during my research I also found a recipe that's similar, but instead of mayonnaise it used ranch. I'm definitely going to try that recipe on chicken sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment